Vietnam Discovery 14 Days / 13 Nights
Start tour: Ha Noi
Vietnam Discovery is definitely the best choice if you want to experience Vietnam in all aspects: the country, people, culture and history. In this tour, when you are traveling along the country to main tourist areas, you will also have good chances to try many means of local transportation: car, train, airplane, boat, walking and hiking. It is a good reason to start the tour from Hanoi and end in Saigon, because by this way, you will travel along the history of foundation of today Vietnam. Within 14 days, traveling across the country from North to South, you can explore the colonial elegance of Hanoi - the capital, Halong Bay - the world’s natural heritage, magnificent mountainous view and meet with H'mong and Dzao hill-tribe people in Sapa, visit Hue - the ancient capital, the charm of Hoi An, the lushly Mekong delta - the main cultivation area of Vietnam, discover countryside and life of Khmer people in Can Tho and the bustle of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). The Vietnam Discovery can be extended by relaxing stay in the beach of Nha Trang or Phan Thiet (from Saigon, at the end of the trip). The program is also extendable to some other optional tours such as Perfume Pagoda or Tam Coc, Bich Dong or some traditional handicraft villages from Hanoi (in the North)...
- Start from Hanoi, end in Saigon (but can be easily reversed due to your detailed flights)
- Visit to 4 World’s Heritage sites: Halong Bay, Hoi An, My Son, Hue
- Grade: Easy. Suitable for anyone with an average level of fitness and mobility
- Prices are based on 3 options: Standard or Superior or Deluxe upon request
- Extendable with optional tours from Hanoi, Saigon or to Laos, Cambodia
- Day 01: Arrive in Hanoi - Tour briefing and Hanoi introduction
- Day 02: Hanoi sightseeing tour. Overnight train to Lao Kai
- Day 03: Arrive in Sapa. Enjoy the charm of Sapa town
- Day 04: Sapa - Visit hill tribal villages, explore unique local lifestyle
- Day 05: Sapa - Sightseeing around Sapa. Take overnight train to Hanoi
- Day 06: Full day Halong Bay. Five hours cruise World Heritage Site
- Day 07: Flight from Hanoi to Danang - Hoi An discovery and sightseeing
- Day 08: Visit My Son Holy Land and explore history of Champa Kingdom
- Day 09: Hoi An to Hue. Visit the Ancient Imperial City
- Day 10: Flight to Saigon. City tour to important sites and landmarks
- Day 11: Drive to Chau Doc. Boat tour to floating village on Mekong River
- Day 12: Move to Can Tho. Discover countryside and life of Khmer people
- Day 13: Sightseeing on boat to Cai Rang floating market. Back to Saigon
- Day 14: Transfer to airport / or departure for next destination
Day 01 : Welcome to Vietnam - Arrive in Hanoi. (B )Welcome at the airport and transfer to hotel for check in and tour briefing. Orientation tour of the center Hanoi, walking around the guild streets in the Old Quarter of Hanoi, Hoan Kiem Lake, the Opera House.Welcome Dinner with Vietnamese famous dishes hosted by Vietnam Trip Advisor .Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 02 : Hanoi City tour - Night train to Lao Kai (B)
Morning sightseeing of the most city’s outstanding historical and cultural sites such as:The complex of Ho Chi Minh historical sites, also called the political center of Vietnam.One-pillar Pagoda and The Temple of Literature for the brief understanding about the two most popular religions in Vietnam (Buddhism and Confucianism)Visit to museums. Depends on your interest, one of these (Museum of History, Museum of Ethnology, Museum of Fine Art) is our recommend.Highlight of the day with Water Puppet Show then transfer to station for night train to Lao Kai.
Overnight on the train in 4 soft berths cabin with A/C.
Day 03 :Lao Kai - Sapa (B, L)
Early morning arrival at Lao Cai, then Vietnam TripAdvisor's car transfer uphill to Sapa town, check in hotel.
The rest of the day is for exploring the charming town, visiting market and getting acquaint with the hill-tribal people such as H’mong, Red Zao, Zay… then a short walk out of the town for great view of the magnificent Fansipan mountain range, deep valleys and terraced rice paddies at sunset.
Overnight in Sapa.
Day 04 Sapa (B, L)A whole day for discover of nature as well as different culture of hill tribal people. Up and down hill from village to villages around Muong Hoa valley, beautifully decorated by terraced-fields and the house of H’mong, Red Zao and Zay people. Great chances for taking photos of breathtaking landscapes, meeting hill-tribal people at home and work… A full or half day trekking or moving by jeep and short walk is on your request. Overnight in Sapa.
Day 05 : Sapa - Lao Kai - Night train to Hanoi (B, L)There are 2 options for you to choose, today:
- Take a jeep tour to Silver Waterfall and Heaven’s Gate Pass (the highest Pass of Vietnam, over 2,000m high); enjoy the “bird eyed” view of the surrounding valleys.
- If on Sunday, the trip to Bac Ha Market can’t be missed.
Day 06 : Early arrive in Hanoi - Full day excursion to Halong Bay (L)
Early arrival in Hanoi. A visit of the only-early flower market in Hanoi before breakfast. Then an excursion to Halong city to take 4 hours boat cruising around the World Heritage Site of Halong Bay famous with thousands of Rock formations, jutting out from emerald water. Drop in Thien Cung cave, beautifully decorated cave by thousands of stalactites and stalagmites. Sea food lunch on boat.
Drive back and overnight in Hanoi.
Day 07 : Hanoi - Danang - Hoi An
Flight to Danang. Visit Cham Sculpture Museum, China Beach, Marble Mountain, Rock carving workshop… Proceed to Hoi An, the World Cultural Heritage.
On foot to explore Hoi An town. Visit Hoi An museum, old merchants’ house, Assembly hall, Japanese covered Bridge. Walk along the bank of the lively Thu Bon River, once prosperous and famous as a trading port.
Evening at leisure. Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 08: Hoi An - My Son Holy Land (B)
Discovery trip to My Son, 40km from Hoi An, for admiring great architectural and art works of the Cham people: The Towers. Having a brief understanding of the history, culture… for which My Son was recognized the World Cultural Heritage.Return to Hoi An.Free time for shopping, wandering around or beach relax.
Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 09: Hoi An - Hue (B)
Transfer overland northwards for about 5 hours to Hue, the ancient capital of Vietnam. Take some stops for “bird eyed” view and photogenic scenery.Afternoon, sightseeing in Hue to the Ancient Imperial Citadel, a complex of palaces and temples built by the Nguyen from early 19th Century for which Hue was recognized by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage.Late in the afternoon, enjoy a leisure boat-ride along the scenic Perfume River to visit Thien Mu pagoda.
Free in the evening to see Hue by night.
Overnight in Hue.
Day 10 Hue - Saigon (B)Take a short drive to visit the mausoleum of King Tu Duc - a replica of the King’s palace but built purposely for the next incarnation before flight to Saigon at noon.Briefing tour of Saigon to famous landmarks such as: the Post Office and Notre Dame Cathedral - two of the city's architectural landmarks then onto China Town, Binh Tay market and Thien Hau pagoda.Back to downtown and a short walk via Opera House, City Hall, and Rex hotel will close the day. Overnight in Saigon.
Day 11 : Saigon - Chau Doc (B, L)An early depart from Saigon for Mekong Delta to Chau Doc with some stops along the way. Arrive Chau Doc in the afternoon.On boat to visit a floating village on Mekong River, then to Cham village to see local life and daily activities. Overnight in Chau Doc.
Day 12 : Chau Doc - Can Tho (B, L)Visit Sam Mountain, the famous complex of temples and pagodas in the region. Continue to the Tinh Bien bordered market then to Tri Ton and Long Xuyen with stops at villages of the Khmer people, featuring by impressive Khmer Pagodas and palm trees.Arrive in Can Tho in the afternoon. An orientation tour around the central market, Ninh Kieu quay which is busy and lively every late afternoon. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 13 :Can Tho - Cai Rang floating market - Saigon (B, L)
Take an early morning boat-ride to Cai Rang floating market, the most famous market in Mekong delta, where hundreds of boats carrying juicy fruits and vegetables gathered together for daily exchanges. Continue to visit My Khanh village to see typical dwelling of Mekong delta.
Afternoon, following the highway 1A back to Saigon.
Day 14 :Departure from Saigon (B)
Free with your own plan until transfer to the airport for departure.
- VietnamTripAdvisor can arrange additional customized trips for you if the above itinerary does not match your expectations.
- We are one of a small number of companies that are licensed by Vietnam National Administration of Tourism.
- Our prices are competitive while you are offerred services worth every money of yours.
- Our clients ever had wonderful experiences in Vietnam. Most of them have applauded and highly appreciated the services we provided.
- At our pleasure, we do a refund to you in any case the services does not satisfy you.
- Book shortly and then we will be able to make arrangements perfect.
|CATEGORY||Price per person in USD in the from 1st Oct 2012 to 30th Apr 2013|
|CATEGORY||Price per person in USD in the from 1st May 2013 to 30th Sep 2013|
|Hotels||Mid-range (3+*)||Superior (4*)||Deluxe (5*)||Premium (5+*)|
|Hanoi hotels||Tirant hotel, Medallion or similar||Sunway, Folower Garden or similar||Sofitel Plaza, Intercontinental, Horison,||Sofitel Metropole|
|Sapa hotels||Bamboo hotel,Holiday Sapa,or similar||Chau Long Hotel or similar||Victoria Sapa||Victoria Sapa|
|Quang Binh Hotels||Sun Spa Resort or similar||Sun Spa Resort or similar||Sun Spa Resort||Sun Spa Resort|
|Hue hotels||Asia Hotel, New Star, Hue Queen or similar||Saigon Morin, Novotel, Park View or similar||Imperial hotel or similar||La Residence|
|Hoian hotels||Glory Hotel, Lotus hotel or similar||Hoian trail, Hoi An Beach, Hoian Hotel or similar||Life Resort, Golden Sand or similar||The Nam Hai Rosort|
|Nha trang Hotels||The Light,Sea and Sund hotel or similar||Yasaka hotel, Novotel hotel, or similar||Sunrise Beach, Vinpearl Resort||Ana Mandara|
|Saigon Hotels||Sapphia hotel, Northern Hotel Saigon inn, Elios or similar||Liberty Central, Duxton, Saigon Palace, Grand Hotel or similar||Caravelle, Renaissace Riverside or similar||Park Hyatt Saigon, Sheraton Hotel|
|Can Tho hotels||Kim Tho hotel or similar||Golf Can Tho||Victoria Can Tho||Victoria Can Tho|
|Halong Cruise||Glory cruise, Phoenix Cruise or similar||Glory cruise Paloma Cruise, White dolphin cruise or similar||Paradise Cruise , Indochina Sails or similar||Violet Cruise, Paraidse Peak cruise|
Trip Included :
- 11-night accommodation in hotels, basing on Double or Twin for 2 occupations with daily breakfast 2-night accommodation on the train Hanoi – Lao Cai - Hanoi, basing on Four-bed cabin with A/C Transfer by air-conditioned car, van or boat as itinerary
- Domestic flights Hanoi ~ Danang // Hue ~ Saigon (Vietnam Airlines – economy class)
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fee and Local English-speaking guides in different parts of the country
- Meals : ( B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner )
- Purified water and wet towel
Trip Excluded :
- Meals and drinks, except others as mentioned in the detail program
- Vietnam visa, international flights with airport taxes
- Personal insurance and personal expenses
- Prices are per person (US$), based on double occupancy
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is closed on Mondays & Fridays from Mid-September to Mid-November.
- Price excludes Personal expenses, gratuities to guides and drivers
- Vietnam & Foreign departure taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are not included (subject to change).
- Holiday surcharges and/or compulsory gala dinners apply between Dec. 23 - Jan. 02 and during period of Lunar New Year.
- Vietnam visa required. Not included in package and can be arranged in two days.
- Prices subject to change without notice