Vietnam at Glance 9 Days / 8 Nights
Start from: Ho Chi Minh
Return from: Ha Noi
This jam-packed 9-day tour covers the length of Vietnam, from south to north, encompassing some of its most beautiful scenery and historical interesting cities. Travel at a leisurely pace by canal boat, rowing boat, junk and cyclo to experience the beauty and variety of the natural landscape transporting you through fruit plantations, stalagmite caves and picturesque creeks to imperial citadels, presidential palaces and ancient ruins, the Highlights Tour is perhaps the most comprehensive travel experience on offer anywhere in Vietnam.
- Day 1 : Hochiminh arrival
- Day 2 : Hochiminh city tour
- Day 3 : Hochiminh - My Tho - Ben Tre
- Day 4 : Hochiminh - Danang - Hoi An
- Day 5 : Hoi An - Hue
- Day 6 : Hue city tour - Hanoi
- Day 7 : Ha noi city tour
- Day 8 : Hanoi - Halong
- Day 9 : Hanoi and depature
Day 1: Hochiminh city and arrivalArrive at Tan San Nhat airport. Welcome by Vietnam TripAdvisor’s guide and driver. Transfer to your hotel. Take an orientation tour in the afternoon (if time permits). Overnight at hotel in Ho Chi Minh city.
Day 2: Hochiminh city tour (B, L)Breakfast at the hotel. Start a sightseeing tour to the Reunification Palace, which was the former residence of the President of South Vietnam until end of the war in April 1975, and some French colonial structures including Notre Dame Cathedral, the Old Central Post Office. Tour of Chinatown and Thien Hau & Quan Am pagodas. After seeing the Emperor Jade Pagoda and the War Remnants Museum, we end the city tour with Ben Thanh market where anything and everything is for sale. Overnight in HCMC.
Day 3: Hochiminh city - My Tho - Ben Tre (B, L)Breakfast at the hotel. Pick up at hotel and transfer to My Tho. Take the experience boat through Bao Dinh natural canal and see the stilt houses and the fruit plantation along the canal sides. Visit the My Tho wholesale fruit market. Proceed to the Tortoise island. Lunch served in the heart of the orchard. Enjoy a boat ride through the Tan Thach natural canal in Ben Tre, cruising under the shadows of the water coconut trees. Visit a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle. After trekking through the fruit plantation in Thoi Son island, enjoy a rowing boat ride on the creeks before returning to My Tho. Road trip back to Ho Chi Minh city. Overnight at in HCMC.
Day 4: Hochiminh city - Danang - Hoi An (B, L)Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to Tan San Nhat airport from where you will board flight to Danang. Vietnam TripAdvisor’s guide and car pick you up and transfer to your hotel in Hoi An. In the afternoon, visit the Japanese Covered Bridge, the Pottery Museum, Tan Ky old house, the Cantonese congregation, the silk street of Hoi An, the temples and pagodas built in Chinese style. Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 5: Hoi An - Hue (B, L)Breakfast at the hotel. Depart for Hue via Danang, visit the Marble mountain, the Cham museum. Stop for photos at the Hai Van pass, Lang co beach. Lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, visit Visit Dong Ba market, the Imperial Citadel from where the Nguyen Dynasty ruled between 1802 and 1945, and the ruins of the Purple Forbidden City. Enjoy the night boat trip enlivened by a performance of Hue folks songs. Overnight in Hue.
Day 6: Hue city tour - Hanoi (B, L)Breakfast at the hotel. Take the morning boat trip to visit the royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc, Thien Mu pagoda and mausoleum of Emperor Minh Mang, in a setting of gardens and lakes. Lunch at local restaurant. Transfer to airport for boarding flight to Hanoi . Pick up at Noi Bai airport by Vietnam TripAdvisor’s guide and car, transfer to your hotel in the Old Quarter. Welcome dinner including Hanoi's speciality. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 7: Hanoi city tour (B , L)Breakfast at the hotel. Visit Ho Chi Minh Complex, containing Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, the Presidential Palace, Ho Chi Minh's house on stilts and the one Pillar pagoda. Continue with the Temple of Literature, Vietnam's first university, Hoan Kiem lake, Ngoc Son temple, Tran Quoc pagoda and Quan Thanh temple. Cyclo ride around the old quarter streets from Hang Dau to Hang Gai. Dinner at a restaurant in the Old Quarter. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 8: Hanoi - Halong (B, L)Breakfast at the hotel. Depart for Halong via the Red River Delta. Arrive in Ha Long city and board the junk. A seafood lunch will be served on board while you are enjoying a four-hour cruise on the bay to visit the Thien Cung cave (The cave of the heavenly - famous for its stalagmites and stalactites) which has been open to public since 1998. Visitors can then admire the newly-discovered DAU GO grotto (where wooden stakes were set deep inside the cave prior to a battle with an invading Mongol army). Boat ride back to Ha Long city. Road trip back to Hanoi. Overnight at in Hanoi.
Day 9: Hanoi - Depature (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Free until transfer to Noi Bai airport for departure. VietnamTripAdvisor can arrange additional customized trips for you if the above itinerary does not match your expectations.
- We are one of a small number of companies that are licensed by Vietnam National Administration of Tourism.
- Our prices are competitive while you are offerred services worth every money of yours.
- Our clients ever had wonderful experiences in Vietnam. Most of them have applauded and highly appreciated the services we provided.
- At our pleasure, we do a refund to you in any case the services does not satisfy you.
- Book shortly and then we will be able to make arrangements perfect.
|Class||Tour cost Person ( in $US) from 1st Oct 2012 to 30 Apr 2013|
|Class||Tour cost Person ( in $US) from 1st May 2013 to 30 Sept 2013|
|Hotels||Mid-range (3+*)||Superior (4*)||Deluxe (5*)||Premium (5+*)|
|Hanoi hotels||Tirant hotel, Medallion or similar||Sunway, Folower Garden or similar||Sofitel Plaza, Intercontinental, Horison or similar||Sofitel Metropole|
|Sapa hotels||Bamboo hotel,Holiday Sapa,or similar||Chau Long Hotel or similar||Victoria Sapa||Victoria Sapa|
|Quang Binh Hotels||Sun Spa Resort or similar||Sun Spa Resort or similar||Sun Spa Resort||Sun Spa Resort|
|Hue hotels||Asia Hotel, New Star, Hue Queen or similar||Saigon Morin, Novotel, Park View or similar||Imperial hotel or similar||La Residence|
|Hoian hotels||>Glory Hotel, Lotus hotel or similar||Hoian trail, Hoi An Beach, Hoian Hotel or similar||Life Resort, Golden Sand or similar||The Nam Hai Rosort|
|Nha trang Hotels||The Light,Sea and Sund hotel or similar||Yasaka hotel, Novotel hotel, or similar||Sunrise Beach, Vinpearl Resort or similar||Ana Mandara|
|Saigon Hotels||Sapphia hotel, Northern Hotel Saigon inn, Elios or similar||Liberty Central, Duxton, Saigon Palace, Grand Hotel or similar||Caravelle, Renaissace Riverside or similar||Park Hyatt Saigon, Sheraton Hotel|
|Can Tho hotels||Kim Tho hotel or similar||Golf Can Tho||Victoria Can Tho||Victoria Can Tho|
|Halong Cruise||Glory cruise, Phoenix Cruise or similar||Glory cruise Paloma Cruise, White dolphin cruise or similar||Paradise Cruise, Indochina Sails or similar||Violet Cruise, Paraidse Peak cruise|
Trip Included :
- Air conditioner car/van for pick up, transfer
- Sightseeing fees as per program
- English speaking tour guide
- Meals as indicated in the program (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
- Private/ shared boat trips
- Internal flights: Ho Chi Minh city - Danang; Hue - Hanoi (economy class by Vietnam Airlines)
- Hotel accommodation based on Double/Twin share
- Purified water and wet towel
Trip Excluded :
- Vietnamese entry visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal costs & tips
- Prices are per person (US$), based on double occupancy
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is closed on Mondays & Fridays from Mid-September to Mid-November.
- Price excludes Personal expenses, gratuities to guides and drivers Vietnam & Foreign departure taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are not included (subject to change).
- Holiday surcharges and/or compulsory gala dinners apply between Dec. 23 - Jan. 02 and during period of Lunar New Year.
- Vietnam visa required. Not included in package and can be arranged in two days.
- Prices subject to change without notice