Vietnam Highlight Tour 13 Days / 12 Nights
Start tour: Ho Chi Minh
Stretching over 3,200 kilometers in length with countless mountains, rivers, forests, and beaches, Vietnam is one of Asia's most diverse and fascinating countries. Introducing you to the country's three main regions, this 10-day journey starts with the natural splendor and majesty of the north, continues to the historic charm of the central provinces before concluding with the beauty and the vibrancy of the south.
- Ho Chi Minh City: City tour including entry to the War Remnants Museum & Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Mekong Delta: Take an excursion to Mekong Delta, with a boat trip on the Mekong River to visit Cat Be floating market.
- Danang – Hoi An: See ancient sculpture in the Cham Museum, and tour Buddhist cave temples in the Marble Mountains. A walking tour through the UNESCO listed Old Quarter; Countryside bike ride, visit an old merchant house, the Hoi An Museum, and a Chinese assembly hall.
- Hue: See stunning scenery en-route to Hue; Take a dragon boat to visit pagodas; Visit the Imperial Citadel. Visit the Thien Mu Pagoda and the Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang.
- Hanoi: Sightseeing with a Local Guide; water puppets performance; visit Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Presidential Palace, and Temple of Literature; take a “cyclo” ride through the Old Quarter
- Halong Bay: Overnight cruise in a traditional Junk boat, discover caves & fishing villages, explore the lagoon.
- Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Day 2: Full day Sightseeing in Ho Chi Minh City & Cu Chi Tunnels. (B, L)
- Day 3: Full day to Mekong Delta/River Boat Trip. (B, L)
- Day 4: Fly to Hue/Tour the Old Imperial City. (B, L)
- Day 5: Thien Mu Pagoda/Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang. (B, L)
- Day 6: To Danang/City Sightseeing – Hoi An. (B, L)
- Day 7: Hoi An Excursion/Thu Bon River Boat Trip. (B, L)
- Day 8: My Son Sanctuary half day Tour & free go shopping (B, L)
- Day 9: Leave Hoi An for Hanoi (B)
- Day 10: Hanoi Sightseeing full day. (B, L)
- Day 11: Excursion to Halong Bay and Stay overnight on Board. (B, L, D)
- Day 12: Halong Bay Cruise – Hanoi. (B, L)
- Day 13: Hanoi Conclude/ Departure. (B)
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, VietnamUpon arrival, when you leave the airport terminal please look for a tour guide displaying a welcome signboard with AsiaTourAdvisor Logo and your name on it. Meet you up and transfer to your hotel for check-in (Early check-in is NOT included and subject to availability) and relax at the balance of day.
Ho Chi Minh City is a sprawling metropolis of approximately 10 million people. Formerly known as “Saigon” prior to 1975, today the city is Vietnam’s commercial center. The city’s dynamic energy is apparent in the bustling street scenes with thousands of people on motorbikes constantly on the move. Although Saigon has rapidly developed into a modern city with skyscrapers and shopping centers, there are still remnants of its past visible in the historic landmarks and beautiful French colonial buildings dotted throughout the city. In Saigon, you will still see women dressed in Vietnam’s traditional ao dai tunic stroll past modern trendy boutiques and crowded cafes. You’ll find great nightlife and some of the best shopping in Southeast Asia in this vibrant, fast-changing city. The city is home to people from all aspect of Vietnamese society. You’ll see newly wealthy entrepreneurs in their luxury cars driving past beggars on the street side. As in any large city, petty theft exists and you must exercise caution.
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing in Ho Chi Minh City & Cu Chi Tunnels. (B, L)This morning enjoy a city tour that includes the Reunification Hall, formerly known as the Presidential Palace. It was towards this modern building that Communist tanks rolled on the morning of April 30, 1975, as Saigon fell. This fascinating building is filled with history still fresh in the minds of many. The tour also includes the Old Post Office, the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Jade Emperor Pagoda, Chinatown and Binh Tay Market – the central market for the city and one of the liveliest areas. Next we visit the Cu Chi Tunnels, the incredible network of tunnels that once stretched for 210 miles. This underground complex was built by guerilla fighters beginning in 1940 and construction continued throughout the Vietnam War. We return to our hotel where the evening is free.
Day 3: Full day to Mekong Delta/River Boat Trip. (B, L)Today takes you to My Tho, the capital of Tien Giang Province. Situated on the Mekong River, 75 kilometers southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, the city is surrounded by orchards and rice fields, which produce grain for the entire country. Visit one or two of the islands that produce traditional handcrafts, coconut candy and bee farms. Visit the Vinh Trang Pagoda, the oldest one in the delta on your boat trip on the Mekong River. Return to Ho Chi Minh City. Check in hotel & stay overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 4: Fly to Hue/Tour the Old Imperial City. (B, L)Today you leave Ho Chi Minh City fly to Hue in the morning, Vietnam’s political capital from 1802 to 1945 under the 13 emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty. Traditionally, the city has been one of Vietnam’s cultural, religious and educational centers. Visit the Imperial City, which is located in the Citadel. Modeled after the Forbidden City in Beijing, the Imperial City was built in the early 19th century. Explore the Thai Hoa Palace, with its spacious hall and ornate roof of huge timbers supported by 80 carved and lacquered columns. See the Halls of the Mandarins, the Nine Dynastic Urns and the site where the Forbidden Purple City once stood. Overnight in Hue City.
Day 5: Thien Mu Pagoda/Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang. (B, L)Just outside Hue, visit the Thien Mu Pagoda on the bank of the Perfume River, which was a hotbed of anti-government protest during the early 1960s. Next, visit the complex of the Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang, built in 1840, which is known for its magnificent architecture and elaborate decorations and is considered one of Hue’s most beautiful pagodas. After lunch at a local restaurant, visit Tu Duc Tomb, which was built for meditation, reading and theater performances in a tranquil setting of forested hills and lakes. Your final stop is at Khai Dinh, the last monument of the Nguyen dynasty. It has a remarkably long staircase flanked by dragons, ceiling murals and ceramic frescoes. Return to your hotel on the riverbank where your Art Deco inspired rooms are reminiscent of the 1920s and 1950s. Overnight in Hue City.
Day 6: To Danang/City Sightseeing – Hoi An. (B, L)Today, journey south past the Hai Van Pass and Land Co, over a spur of the Truong Son Mountain Range that juts into the South China Sea, with spectacular views along the way. Upon arrival in Danang, visit the Cham Museum, which features a fine collection of openair sandstone carvings. Stop at China Beach, made famous in the American TV series of the same name. It stretches for many miles north and south of the Marble Mountains. The Marble Mountains surrounding the area are five stone hillocks – once islands made of marble – and each is said to represent one of the five elements of the universe. There are many natural caves in which Buddhist sanctuaries have been built over the centuries. Arrive Hoi An Town, check in hotel & overnight in Hoi An.
Day 7: Hoi An Excursion/Thu Bon River Boat Trip. (B, L)Enjoy a full-day excursion to Hoi An, a major trading center, once known as “Faifo” to the earliest Western traders. It was also an important port for the Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and other merchant vessels from the Far East. Visit a temple with partially gilded statues in the center, a pagoda dedicated to sailors and fishermen and a chapel with origins in the 1700s that reflects the influences of Chinese and Japanese styles. Stop at the Sa Huynh Museum, located near the Japanese Covered Bridge, which contains exhibitions from the earliest period of Hoi An’s history. Late this afternoon, take a boat trip on the Thu Bon River to Kim Bing Village on Cam Kim Island to see the wood workers and shipbuilding families. Return to your haven on world-famous “China Beach,” with the evening at your leisure. Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 8: My Son Sanctuary half day Tour & free go shopping (B, L)Leave hotel at 8:00am. Drive to My Son, a World Heritage, 50 km southwest of Hoi An. Located in a lush valley, My Son was a capital and religious center of Cham people, now remaining with red brick towers and sanctuaries. My Son, considered to be in the same league as some of Southeast Asia’s greatest archaeological sites, including Angkor in Cambodia, Bagan in Myanmar, Ayutthaya in Thailand and Borobudur in Indonesia. These towers and sanctuaries was built from the 7 to 13 centuries. Return to Town for lunch. In afternoon, free go shopping in Hoi An Town. Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 9: Leave Hoi An for Hanoi (B)Enjoy the time in Hoi An – heaven of shopping place in Vietnam until noon time. You leave Hoi An transfer to Danang Airport in the afternoon fly to Hanoi. Arrive Hanoi airport, pick up & transfer to hotel for check in. Free for leisure. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 10: Hanoi Sightseeing full day. (B, L)Having breakfast at hotel then start sightseeing Hanoi, a city of lakes, shaded boulevards and public parks, is the capital of Vietnam. It is a very attractive city with French-style architecture. You have a full day of sightseeing ahead, including a visit to One Pillar Pagoda, which was built by Ly Thai Tong and the Temple of Literature, founded by Emperor Ly Thanh Tong. Stop in the heart of Hanoi at Hoan Kiem Lake, which contains an islet with a tiny Tortoise Pagoda. After lunch at a local restaurant, visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Opera House and St. Joseph Cathedral. Conclude with a visit to Bao Tang Lich, once the museum of l’Ecole Francaise d’Extreme Orient, which includes artifacts from Vietnam’s turbulent history. Water Puppet Show, Cyclo visiting Old Quarter. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 11: Excursion to Halong Bay and Stay overnight on Board. (B, L, D)Early this morning, we’ll drive from Hanoi to one of the most magnificent scenic environments in the world, Halong Bay. Covering 577 square miles, this vast bay is filled with more than 3,000 limestone “peaks” or karsts that jut from the deep blue water as far as the eye can see. We’ll spend a day and a half, including an overnight with dinner and breakfast onboard, exploring this overwhelming seascape from the decks of a traditional Vietnamese boat. Comfortable and intimate, your boat features hand-crafted wooden interiors including a dining room and pleasant air-conditioned cabins with private baths. Since we’re overnight on the water, we’ll be able to explore Ha Long Bay’s most beautiful spots with time to swim and even visit some of the largest rock formations and caves. This promises to be one of your most memorable travel experiences in Asia. Stay overnight on Boat.
Day 12: Halong Bay Cruise – Hanoi. (B)Rising to the sound of lapping bay waters, we have time for an early morning dip followed by breakfast. Sitting on the upper deck, you can relax while taking in the breath-taking beauty of the rocky islands rising from the emerald water of the bay. After breakfast, explore Sung Sot cave, swim and relax. Cruises back to the jetty while brunch is served while you are cruising through the bay, along the way seeing more of the fascinating formations. Cruise check-out. Rejoin car drive back to Hanoi for overnight. Arrive Hanoi at 3:00pm. Check in hotel & free time to go sightseeing in the Old Quarter. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 13: Hanoi Conclude/ Departure. (B)
You have the morning free to relax before your return flight home.Finish unforgettable Vietnam Tour with Asia Tour Advisor. Good bye & see you in the next time! AsiaTourAdvisor can arrange additional customized trips for you if the above itinerary does not match your expectations.
- We are one of a small number of companies that are licensed by Vietnam National Administration of Tourism.
- Our prices are competitive while you are offerred services worth every money of yours.
- Our clients ever had wonderful experiences in Vietnam. Most of them have applauded and highly appreciated the services we provided.
- At our pleasure, we do a refund to you in any case the services does not satisfy you.
- Book shortly and then we will be able to make arrangements perfect.
|Number in Group||Price per person in US$ - From 01 Oct 2012 to 30 Apr 2013|
|Number in Group||Price per person in US$ - From 01 May 2013 to 30 Sep 2013|
|Hotels||Mid-range (3+*)||Superior (4*)||Deluxe (5*)||Premium (5+*)|
|Hanoi hotels||Tirant hotel, Medallion or similar||Sunway, Folower Garden or similar||Sofitel Plaza, Intercontinental, Horison,||Sofitel Metropole|
|Sapa hotels||Bamboo hotel,Holiday Sapa,or similar||Chau Long Hotel or similar||Victoria Sapa||Victoria Sapa|
|Quang Binh Hotels||Sun Spa Resort or similar||Sun Spa Resort or similar||Sun Spa Resort||Sun Spa Resort|
|Hue hotels||Asia Hotel, New Star, Hue Queen or similar||Saigon Morin, Novotel, Park View or similar||Imperial hotel or similar||La Residence|
|Hoian hotels||Glory Hotel, Lotus hotel or similar||Hoian trail, Hoi An Beach, Hoian Hotel or similar||Life Resort, Golden Sand or similar||The Nam Hai Rosort|
|Nha trang Hotels||The Light,Sea and Sund hotel or similar||Yasaka hotel, Novotel hotel, or similar||Sunrise Beach, Vinpearl Resort||Ana Mandara|
|Saigon Hotels||Sapphia hotel, Northern Hotel Saigon inn, Elios or similar||Liberty Central, Duxton, Saigon Palace, Grand Hotel or similar||Caravelle, Renaissace Riverside or similar||Park Hyatt Saigon, Sheraton Hotel|
|Can Tho hotels||Kim Tho hotel or similar||Golf Can Tho||Victoria Can Tho||Victoria Can Tho|
|Halong Cruise||Glory cruise, Phoenix Cruise or similar||Glory cruise Paloma Cruise, White dolphin cruise or similar||Paradise Cruise , Indochina Sails or similar||Violet Cruise, Paraidse Peak cruise|
- 11 nights hotel accommodation on a twin-share basic with daily breakfast
- 1 night stay overnight on Board in Halong Bay in twin-share cabin.
- Internal flight tickets: Ho Chi Minh City - Hanoi (economy class) Vietnam Airlines including fuel charge & Airport taxes.
- Meals as mentioned in the itineraries: Vietnamese food, Asian Food basic.
- Meals specified in tour program .B - Breakfast ,L - Lunch ,D - Dinner
- All landed transfers within the tour by air-conditioned vehicle, including pick-up and drop-off at airports on arrival and departure days
- English Speaking Tour guide. Other languages on request
- Boat trips in the Mekong Delta
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- Water Puppet Show & Cyclo Tour in Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Approval letter for landing visa to Vietnam: single entry, one month valid
- All taxes & services charge.
- International airfare and airport taxes in Vietnam
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Visa fees to Vietnam
- Early check-in and late check-out at all hotels
- Kayak, Massage onboard
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping…)
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Single supplement
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods)
- flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations
- any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Prices are per person (US$), based on double occupancy
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is closed on Mondays & Fridays from Mid-September to Mid-November.
- Price excludes Personal expenses, gratuities to guides and drivers
- Vietnam & Foreign departure taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are not included (subject to change).
- Holiday surcharges and/or compulsory gala dinners apply between Dec. 23 - Jan. 02 and during period of Lunar New Year.
- Vietnam visa required. Not included in package and can be arranged in two days.
- Prices subject to change without notice