Vietnam Post and telecommunications
Ordinary postal services:
Local, international mail service includes the followings:
Letters & Postcards Publications, publications for the blind, small packages. (Weight limit of small package is not over 2kg).
Parcels - Local and Overseas:
Weight limit of local parcels is defined by post. office of each province. General maximum weight for one parcel is 31.5 kg. For overseas parcels, weight limit can be ad- justed following the agreement of each country and regulation of UPU. General maximum is not over 31.5 kg.
Postal Financial Services:
* Remittance by mail & telegram is provided throughout : the country .Vietnam Postal Service has opened one way Intemational remittance service from France, Japan, Belgium, USA, Czech, Slovakia, Latvia, Singapore, China, Malaysia to Vietnam.
* Express money transfer is available in towns, centers of cities and provinces within Vietnam.
* Post Saving is provided throughout the country in the following ways:
-Personal Saving AccoQnt
-Pay salary in personal saving account
* Telegraphic bouquet service: fucluding telegraphic bouquet with congratulation, greeting and telegraphic bouquet with condolence
* Newspapers and magazines are retailed at any Post Office and Kiosk. ,
* Period subscription of domestic and imported publications:
Customers can purchase domestic press at any Post Office at any time with long-term or subscription modes.
For subscription of imported overseas publications, Post; Office will announce the list of those and receive orders 2; times a year. Post Office will deliver publications at customers' addresses.
Express Mail Service (EMS):
Express Mail Service (EMS) delivers letters, parcels, mail items, goods..; domestically & internationally on schedule of VNPT as announcement to each region & country. Weight limit for EMS parcels to overseas depends on the agreement with target country. EMS is available in 54 cities and provinces within Vietnam and to 51 countries in the world.
* Other postal services:
- Consignment posiservice
- Subscribing niailboxes service
- Unaddressed maildrop service
- PTN service (From Hanoi to HCMC, Quang Ninh, Hai Phong, Hai Duong)
Accept delivering of postal and parcel with special service:
When sending postal items and parcels, customers can use other special services as following:
- Par avian: Items and parcels are transported by airway (If airway is available on the line).
- Registered: Parcels will be tracked by separate codes, recorded in to files during processing in order to be traced when necessary .
- CertificaLian af sending (A parcels): A parcels are normal parcels with certification of sending. Senders should pay at the price & will be issued receipts.
- Express mail service: Senders require immediate delivery of parcels to receivers after arrival. This service is available forthe receiver. With address within delivering area of the Post-Office in the cities & towns, accepting request at the time of applying postal items & parcels.
* Postal: items and parcels using Post Retante are not allowed to use express.
- Advice of Delivery: Service provider is responsible for informing the senders of delivery
- A Main Propre: Items) & pacels will be delivered to receivers whose names and addresses are indicated on them.
- Post Restante: P & T will keep items and parcels at delivery post office and receivers themselves will receive there.
- Items Pasted at the address requested by the sender: Provided when senders request or have contracts with Post Office.
- Items delivered to the addreSs requested by the sender or the addressee: Provided when senders or receivers order Post offices to deliver at requested addresses once or usually, except postal items under 500gram.
- Insured items: Senders enumerate articles' value. Items and parcels are insured by the value of price stated maximum stated price for a document article is 1,000,000 dong and for a goods article is 30,000,000 dong.
How to make long - Distance calls
* To provinces & cities within Vietnam:
- 0 + Area code + Tel. Number or
- 171 (177, 178) + 0 + Area code + Tel. Number (economic call)
* To other countries:
- 00 + Country code + Area code + Tel. number
- 171 (177, 178) + 00 + Country code + Area code + Tel. number (economic call) or
- 171 + 1 + Waiting for connective tone + Country code + Area code + Tel. number