Explore the fascinating city of Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, visiting the attractions that explain the history and culture of Cambodia such as the National Museum, the Silver Pagoda, the Royal Palace and Wat Phnom hill, before entering into the great Khmer Empire and the overwhelming beauty of the Temples of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, to explore the ancient ruins such as the Roluos Group, Preah Ko, Ba Kong and Lo Lei, Banteay Kdei, Ta Prohm Temple, the Bayon and Banteay Srei, plus a visit to the large lake in Cambodia, the Tonle Sap.
- Delving into the history of the Khmer Empire, once the greatest power in South east Asia.
- Witnessing the architectural legacy of the mighty Khmer Empire - once the greatest power in South East Asia
- Absorbing the beauty of the temples of Angkor
- Feeling welcomed by the smiles and hospitality of the Khmer people
- Riding into the depths of the jungle
- Walking alongside the Mekong River in sleepy Phnom Penh.
Itinerary in brief:
- Day 1 - Arrive Phnom Penh
- Day 2 - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap
- Day 3 - Siem Reap
- Day 4 - Siem Reap
- Day 5 - Depart Siem Reap
Day 1 - Arrive Phnom Penh ( D )
Arrive in Phnom Penh and transfer to hotel. This city was once considered one of the most beautiful in the Orient, and despite its recent turbulent history it still retains a colonial charm. In the afternoon visit the National Museum, the Silver Pagoda, the Royal Palace and Wat Phnom hill, founding place of the city. Overnight in Phnom Penh.
Day 2 - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap ( B,L, D )
Transfer to Port after breakfast for the morning Express Cruise to Siem Reap. Alternatively take the new speed boats to Siem Reap leaving Phnom Penh at 08:00 and arriving in Siem Reap around 12:30. Siem Reap is the base for exploring the fabled temples of Angkor, the ancient capital of the Khmer empire. On arrival begin a tour of the temples that includes the early-Angkor era temples of the Roluos Group - Preah Ko, Ba Kong and Lo Lei. In the afternoon continue to Srah Srang, Banteay Kdei, Chau Say Tevoda, Thommanon, and the fabulous Ta Prohm Temple, embraced by the roots of enormous fig trees and gigantic creepers. Overnight in Siem Reap. (B) Note: If travelling by boat the morning tour in Siem Reap will not be possible.
Day 3 - Siem Reap ( B,L, D )
After breakfast a morning tour of the temples takes in the South Gate of Angkor Thom, the famous Bayon, Baphoun, the Terrace of Elephants and Terrace of the Leper King. In the afternoon, visit the magnificent 12thcentury Angkor Wat. Return to hotel after watching the sun set over Angkor Wat. Overnight in Siem Reap. (B)
Day 4 - Siem Reap ( B,L )
After breakfast depart for a visit to Banteay Srei, Kbal Spean (River of 1000 Lingas) and Banteay Samre. In the afternoon, visit the Grand Circuit taking in Pre Rup, Neak Poan and Preah Khan. afterwards visit the Siem Reap market and the workshops of Artisans d’Angkor (wood and stone carving) before transferring to Siem Reap Airport for departure flight
|Number in Group
||Price per person in US$ - Validity until 30th of September 2013|
| Deluxe 5*
||Phnom Penh Htel
||Siem Reap Hotel|
||Asia Hotel, Pacific Hotel
||ST Angkor, CLE Hotel|
||Princess, ASIA Palace, New York
||City River, Nokor Phnom, Soria & Moria|
||Sun Way, Phnom Penh, Cambodiana
||APSARA Angkor, Empress Angkor, Somadevi, Steung Siem Reap|
||Sokha Angkor, Royal Angkor Resort|
Trip Included :
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast (base on twin-sharing)
- Private air-conditioning transportation
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Express Cruise from Phnom Penh to Seam Reap
- Sightseeing tours with English/French speaking guide as stated in itinerary
- All entrance fees to tour sites throughout .
- Meals as mentioned in the program (B = breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Cambodia visa fee (currently US$20 per person for visa on arrival)
- Domestic airport tax (US$6 per person)
- International departure airport tax ( Phnom Penh / Siem Reap airport at US$25 per person)